Stefanie's Reviews > The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

4519881
May 30, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

Have you always thought someone was following you? Do you want to protect the people you love most? How would you react if you found out there are pictures of you everywhere in town? The Thief Lord, by Cornelia Funke, where anything unexpected may occur any moment. You may think that you are safe and hidden from people right where you are, but think again. You always have to be aware of your surroundings, even if you think it’s completely safe.
Prosper and Bo escape from their cruel aunt and uncle, and escape to Venice. They meet up with their cousin Hornet, and Hornet leads them to a secret place where only she and a few other people know about, and live there. They meet a mysterious boy who also lives in this secret place, who calls himself “Thief Lord”, master of stealing items such as jewelry and other valuable items. Little do they know, a person called Victor is trying to find Prosper and Bo because of what their aunt and uncle stated. Dark secrets which involve the Thief Lord’s background story, which he never wants to tell. After Prosper and Bo’s arrival at the secret place, everyone living inside is in great danger.
The story’s plot is a bit slow, but I couldn’t put the book down at all. This is one of the books that it’s very hard to predict what’s going to happen later in the story line, which makes the book more interesting and puts you on a cliff hanger on every chapter. I recommend this book to people who love books that are very hard to predict on what is going to happen later on in the story line, dark secrets that were never told but discovered, historical fiction, and adventure. When I read books, I usually dislike the beginning because I don’t know what’s going on, but this is one of the books that have a very interesting beginning, such as telling you what’s occurring right now instead of later in the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thief Lord.