Racquel's Reviews > There You'll Find Me

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Sep 19, 13

bookshelves: ya, book-boyfriend♥, favorites, favorite-of-favorite, read-in-2011, review-copy, tear-jerker, wishlist
Read from November 25 to 26, 2011

Review also posted on my blog: The Book Barbies

I feel the need to stand and do a round of applause for this book.

To be honest, I read the first couple of pages and was like “UGH, it’s going to be another cliché story that I waste my time on” and I actually got to chapter 3 and put it down & read something else. But when I picked it up again it completely surprised it me and I finished in in a couple of HOURS after that! Yes under a day!

What I liked most about the book is that I was not smothered by anything. It did have an “I know your type and I’m not falling for it” scenario but I didn’t mind because it wasn’t the main focus of the book and it wasn’t a complete big, dumb deal. We didn’t get countless pointless paragraphs on how Finley (the MC) hated Beckett (the romantic interest & major picture actor) and all he stood for and how most definitely she didn’t have feelings for him. It wasn’t an annoying she was in constant denial ‘I refuse to believe I like him’ book (thank goodness!) Yes, Finley didn’t like Beckett’s reputation but she grew to know him and she grew to genuinely like him. The relationship blossomed is a perfect way to put it and I couldn’t be happier about how everything developed.

Another thing I wasn’t smothered by is the religion motif of the book. I couldn’t see the book with out it and I didn’t even mind it! I doubt the book will be even as good if there wasn’t a religion factor. It was simply there, the author wasn’t trying to convert us and make us believers but she was telling a story of a girl who’s trying to restore her faith and I loved it. I’m not even Christian! I also liked the subtle play of Finley’s issue. It didn’t just pop in one chapter and just happen but it started as a small seed in chapter one and it slowly progressed until it was problem. There were elusive hints until it escalated to a bomb and I thought it was a perfect way to play it.

The book made me laugh out loud, the book made me tear up from heartbreak, the book was a cute romance and a great self-journey for the Finley and I LOVED it.

Rating: 5 hearts~ Truly a fantastic read!

-thank you&come again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.

11/26/2011 page 63
11/26/2011 page 97
30.0% "I'm wiping tears away." 2 comments
09/19/2013 marked as: ya-contemporary-tbr
09/19/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celine (new)

Celine Wow! 5 stars. this book must be awesome. The setting is Ireland!! Glad you enjoyed it! :D

Racquel It really is. It's so... inspirational. I loved it!

message 3: by Celine (new)

Celine I think Mary read this one but did not quiet enjoyed it. Am I right?

message 4: by Racquel (last edited Nov 26, 2011 09:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Racquel I can't remember, maybe or maybe not. She doesn't have the book added on here but I kind of think we talked about how she felt about it before, I might be mistaking it for another book though, I can' remember correctly at all :p

message 5: by Celine (new)

Celine Yeah, I can't remember now. I think we did talked about it but I can't find it on her reads here. But anyway, I'm so happy you loved it! I'm reading Going Too Far now and hopefully, I'll like it as much as you do!

Racquel I'm going to have to ask her. I hope its not this one because it really is great haha and I have my fingers and everything crossed that you really like it!! I do believe its a great book.

message 7: by Celine (new)

Celine I just read 10 pages and I'm already loving it. It's stupid isn't it? I mean I'm just in this part where Meg got 'captured' by the police. Yeah, I think I need to ask Mary too about There you'll find me.