Melanie's Reviews > Das Spiel

Das Spiel by Krystyna Kuhn

May 30, 2011

it was ok
Read from May 30 to June 01, 2011

This book is the most strange, hard going book I've probably ever read to be honest! I only read it purely as I just hoped it would get better!
For about 60+% of the book nothing happens, you are sent on a bot of a goose chase with minuet bits of information about the past thrown at you (Which you don't actually get the full story about till 95% in!), then when something finally does happen it all goes a bit slow and stagnant. Its not till about 85% in that it gets good with a guess who the baddy is.
The fact this was a YA book I was amazed. Not for its content, just that any 'normal' teen would probably give up in the first 30 pages - I almost did! There's no real sexual content and the worst language I think I read was 'crap'.
The characters are a bit aloof at times, hazy and then break out of themselves almost like they have bipolar!
It said to be continued, will I read the follow up? Yes if I get given it free and purely just to see if Julia has actually become a better character and whether Robert really does have a 'gift' or whether he's nuts.
Sorry this review is so unflattering, I rarely write bad reviews, but there was a lot I could say about this book that I actually liked (Bar it was the first book i managed with ease to put on my Sony Ereader!).
I gave it 2 stars, it was more like 1.5 stars but was feeling sorry for the book and with the last page and ending felt maybe it could have a slight reprieve.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Das Spiel.

05/31/2011
40.0% "This book is pretty hard going so far. Too many secrets and not enough being told to keep you interested. I'll keep going but have to say it may be too hard of a read for some. No action so to speak, just a lot of clues but no hard conclusions."
show 1 hidden update…

Melanie Reading eBook edition and it has 222 pages, so doing this in % rather than pages