Stacy Eaton's Reviews > Blood & Tears

Blood & Tears by Samantha Warren

Jun 12, 11

Read on June 08, 2011

I read this book right on the heels of book #2, New Blood. This series has been very enjoyable to read. Each novella has been short, well written and quick paced. I’m giving some spoilers here on this one, so be forewarned.

I liked the fact that Samantha Warren put a block of time in from Book #2 to this book. The adding of these 6 months, gave a more realistic change to what Jane was undergoing in the story. Her relationship with Felipe finally starts to move, but at a very lifelike pace. I am glad she didn’t just jump right into bed with him after just a few weeks of her husband being dead.

I enjoyed the friendship that she started with Annie. I knew she needed a “girlfriend”, and I was not surprised by the story Annie said, but I was happy they became friends.

I enjoyed this book just like I enjoyed the first two. There is only one thing I did not like about his book. I felt it ended too sharply. I was engrossed in the battle, and there was pain, there were tears and then it was over. I would have liked to see it go just a bit further. It was a sharp ending to me, and I would have liked it to be a bit softer.

Other than that point, I loved the book and have enjoyed this very quick Novella series. Keep up the good work Ms. Warren.

(If I could give half stars, I would on this. I would give this a 4.5 based on my own personal feelings of how I liked the story. The loss of the half star would be for the abrupt ending – but since I can’t give a half star – she is getting the full boat, because I have enjoyed the series.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood & Tears.

06/09/2011