Kathleen's Reviews > Centuries of June

Centuries of June by Keith Donohue

F_50x66
Jul 10, 11

bookshelves: fiction, historical, arc, own, read-it-forward, won-book
Read in July, 2011

I won this book from READ IT FORWARD. I was really looking forward to reading this book. I am a sucker for covers, and I think this one is excellent. The cover turns out to be perfect for the book. I liked the premise of a dead man trying to fiqure out who killed him.
I would put this book on the unique shelf. It is a dark comedy that is well written with strange stories.
The setting of the book takes place in Jack's bathroom. Jack had been hit over the head and is dead. The author had seven different women from different centuries come visit him in the bathroom. They each told there tale of how a man had wronged them in the month of June. I enjoyed the stories, I'm a fan of historical novels. But even still I found myself feeling confused throughout this book, not knowing what was going on. I put this book down twice and read two other books before finishing this one. I did like the ending. I felt that it pulled together parts of the story for me that hadn't made sense. I still was left with the feeling that I needed to re-read the book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Centuries of June.