The BookWhisperer's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

May 30, 2011

Born at Midnight is an awesome display of the supernatural world in its entirety. C.C. Hunter incorporate every species that paranormal lovers have come to love in this genre, and creates an incredible story of life, love, and friendship that grab the readers from its first pages.While slightly lengthy this book is detailed and creatively written to give readers everything they will love in a paranormal story. With an abundance of characters this author details each individual the carry their own sub stories within this one awesome book. Relationships seems to slightly overrun the storyline leaving the reader to feel a little over abundance of match making, but my overall feeling is that this may be necessary to future of the Shadow Falls series allowing it to be easily overlooked. Kylie whom tells this story is struggling with her vastly deteriorating life, but she finds that all of the ending may be leading her to a new beginnings. Her added romance adds a sideline to overall story that will had much need suspense that keeps the story rolling. Uniquely, Hunter has added a bit of turmoil when the main character finds herself struggling with her feeling between two characters. Derek the soft, gentle, and safe choice is hard to overlook. With his handsome and witty personality it is easy to see why Kylie develops feeling for this character almost instantly. Although, Lucas is danger, mystery, and protective which readers such as myself will find an instant attraction. Fortunately, the relations of this one character does not overrun the story, allowing for a larger and more impressive story to take center state. It seems as though the story really begins to increase its pace in the second half; which I find reassuring for the books to come. After reading this novel it has definitely become one of my favorites. This series will be one that I follow through to the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.