Allie Danielson's Reviews > The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared

The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reading Promise.

05/30/2011 page 141
49.0% "This is a very quick read. I'm not sure what I was expecting...but I'm not sure this was it..." 2 comments
05/30/2011 page 287
100.0% "Again, not what I thought it was going to be, but I really did enjoy it!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanie (new)

Joanie How was it? I've been meaning to pick this up - it's on my 'to-read' list because it sounds like it's got the potential to be a great story.

Allie Danielson Joanie wrote: "How was it? I've been meaning to pick this up - it's on my 'to-read' list because it sounds like it's got the potential to be a great story."

It was not what I thought it would be. I thought there would be more focus on the literature aspect and more connections between what they read and her life. In most chapters, the reading was simply referred to....I enjoyed it-it just wasn't what I was expecting and hoping for.

message 3: by Joanie (new)

Joanie I see. Well, the synopsis does seem to hint at that but I guess I'll have to give it a try.