Sherri Dub's Reviews > The Steampunk Bible

The Steampunk Bible by Jeff VanderMeer

May 30, 11

Read on May 30, 2011

I love everything about this book. I bought the hardback, at B&N, not even on sale! It was worth every penny~not to mention, the illustrations and pictures are priceless.
I am an avid Steampunk-gal, and there is nothing more thrilling than finding this completed works to add to my personal library.
I love that Jake Von Slatt is featured in the book, he's my all-time favorite inventor of our generation. His ideas, designs and enthusiasm appear limitless. He's inspiring.
Also, if you think that you are interested in learning anything about this topic, you have to get this book. It will explain the movement (Steampunk) in clear terms. From the Jules Verne period~to where we are headed today.
There are pages of comics, featurettes on Edgar Allen Poe, and so many little crious asides to take note of.
And, last of all, I love seeing all the fashion photos and the detailed descriptions of what the models are wearing. The jewelry is beautiful and I am envious of each little trinket I have spied upon the dresses, coats and vests as I turn the pages.
Great, great job~Jeff Vandermeer & S.J. Chambers!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Steampunk Bible.