David Monroe's Reviews > The Inner Circle

The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer

May 30, 11

bookshelves: thriller

I saw this at the library last week. I thought it would be a good bathroom book. We all have those, right? OMG! I ended up literally throwing this into the wall. I've never done that. The protagonist is a young, supposidly bright archivist for the US National Archives. This character suffers from so many annoying Tropes. Let's see: Horrible Judge of Character; Ignore all evidence; No knowledge of his primary job; Selective obliviousness; Suffers from 2 unrequited relationships; Carries the Idiot Ball and basically becomes an example of Too Dumb to Live. Skip this and just Google "The Culper Ring."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inner Circle.

David Monroe Dan wrote: "As soon as you start seeing real life photos of a presidential building on the front of a fiction book, don't think. Just run."

I know. Thought it was just going to be some quick - guilty pleasure - thriller - mind candy. I almost feel like writing to him for my money back for the tax $ my library wasted buying it.

Michael No doubt: this is Meltzers worse. I'm understanding there may be a sequel unfortunately. How can we stop that from ever happening