Kasey's Reviews > Desperate Duchesses

Desperate Duchesses by Eloisa James

May 31, 11

bookshelves: audiobook, period-pieces-historical-romances, owned, georgian
Read from May 30 to 31, 2011

Overall I really liked this book. The humor was great and it was a light easy read. I loved so many of the characters. This wasn't a typical romance as it is more a story of a group of people and includes them all throughout the entire book. But there is only one romance working out in each book. In the beginning I really did enjoy Roberta, but as the book progressed I found myself annoyed with her "love" of Villiers. For someone so intelligent she seemed rather stupid at times. I loved Damon and even finding myself annoyed with Roberta I thought her and Damon made a great couple.

I did find myself more interested in Jemma and Elijah's relationship at times. I can't wait for their book. I was eager to find out why she had run off to France for the majority of her marriage and found myself rooting for her. Even if the ton may find her antics scandalous I found I loved her more for them. I think there is a lot more to know about her and her history and look forward to glimpses of Jemma and Elijah throughout the series.

I actually liked Lord Villiers even with his questionable behavior at times. I think there is a lot more to this rogue than what the gossips have to say. I'm also looking forward to reading about the woman that will bring him to his knees.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desperate Duchesses.