Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)'s Reviews > Knight of a Trillion Stars

Knight of a Trillion Stars by Dara Joy

May 30, 2011

bookshelves: action-adventure, hot-male-in-my-harem, funny-funny-har-har, magic, pdf-kindle, sci-fi, romance, time-or-dimension-travel, aliens-beam-me-up-baby
Read from May 30, 2011 to January 01, 2013 — I own a copy

Review @ Under the Covers

2012 reread- Still just as cheesy as I remember, and still just as amazing. This is a book you read when you want to laugh and enjoy yourself with something a little bit silly...LOVE IT!

I don't know what attracted me to this book, but for some reason I really really wanted to read it and I am so glad that I caved when I saw it was only £2.00 at the Kindle shop. Three words best describe this book:

HIGHLANDERS IN SPACE

That's right alien Highlander, that is what the hero reminded me! He was possesive, domineering and arrogant, yet utterly charming. In real life I would brain him- once I had been thoroughly ravished by him ofcourse- but in the book I really liked him, so much so that he and his insatiable alien love stick (or rather trunk!) has earned its way into my harem.

The book did have a bit of a plot going on which I mostly ignored as what I really liked about this book was the two main characters Deanna and Lorgan. Deanna was a great heroine, she had been thrown from our world to a completely new galaxy with Lorgan, but being a hardy sci fi fan takes it on the chin and keeps on going. I also loved that she stuck up for herself and didn't let Lorgan steamroll over her, or atleast did her best to stop him, although she was often overcome by his masculine potency (yes that is almost a direct quote from the book!) this lead to some funny exchanges between the two of them and this is definately a book you don't read in public it had me laughing out loud several times!

So I really enjoyed this book, it was corny, it was over the top, it had sexy aliens in it and an alien yoda-like character. What more could I ask?!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight of a Trillion Stars.

12/30
1.0% "This book always makes me laugh, it's ridiculous yet adorable!"
03/04 marked as: read

David "proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party" Did someone say Highlanders?!? In the end...there can be only one! Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

message 2: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom I was sold at Alien Highlander but really sold at the Yoda like character. I need a good laugh so I am going to read it-thanks for the review.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Lol! This book is awesome in a ridiculous way, it always makes me chuckle. I hope you enjoy it!

message 4: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom I already listened to the first hour (Audiobook) and was chuckling. It king of reads like a cheesy B movie.-But in a good way

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Yes! It really does, I think it is one of those books that because it is so silly and OTT that you can't help but love for it!

message 6: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Exactly, A "Why so serious?" fun time.