Dave's Reviews > The President's Vampire

The President's Vampire by Christopher Farnsworth

May 30, 2011

Read from May 17 to 24, 2011

Having read Blood Oath, I was anxiously awaiting the next book in the Nathaniel Cade series. In The President's Vampire, I very much enjoyed seeing Cade again, and some old friends like Cade's handeler, Zach Barrows, and Cade's fellow vampire, Tania, and more of the interplay between horror (vampires and "snakeheads", the big threat, this time) and the political and spy-thriller elements. It was good to see Zach become a more independent actor and, by the end of the story, somewhat more mature. It was also good to see Tania again, and to consider the questions she raises about the nature of Cade himself, as a vampire and as a man.
All that said, I found that I enjoyed this book somewhat less than I had the first in the series. Maybe it was the newness of the original, but I think it may also be that there is less interaction here between Cade and Zach, and that was a large part of my enjoyment of Blood Oath . I also found myself missing some of the other characters from that original novel, but I have no doubt that some of them will be turning up later in the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The President's Vampire.