Doreen's Reviews > Heat Wave

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer

May 30, 11

bookshelves: goodreads-giveaways
Recommended to Doreen by: Goodreads Giveaway!!!
Recommended for: laura, diane, cathy, marisa, pat, melissa
Read on May 29, 2011 — I own a copy

I really, truly liked this story. It's a story of love, betrayal, loyalty, and grief. The story most strongly focuses on death and how it affects the deceased person's spouse, parents, children, and friends. Writing this makes the story sound morbid, which it is NOT!
It's about rebuilding lives and finding what your life is, after this tragedy.

This is actually a fun, hopeful, upbeat story. It takes place on Nantucket and there is a lot of camaraderie, laughter, and activity. It's very well-told. Nancy Thayer does a remarkable job, never allowing her characters to become pathetic. There is normal behavior set in a beautiful location, with relatable characters. Add to all this a few love stories: mother/child, widow/dashing bachelor, divorcee/friend's husband, and you have book a that never let my interest wane.

I read it throughout the course of one day. I had trouble putting it down because I wanted to know what could possibly happen next! I will read more of this author's books!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Wave.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misty (new) - added it

Misty I enjoyed your review. I had also won this book on Goodreads Giveaway, but never received my copy. Sad.