Trix's Reviews > The Girl For Me

The Girl For Me by Failte

May 30, 11

liked it
bookshelves: coming-out, gay-for-you, mm-novels, transgender, cross-dressing
Read from May 29 to 30, 2011, read count: 1

It was a good story. I really enjoyed reading it in the beginning because the banter between Daniel (Danni) and Kevin was just so hilarious. Luaghed for about 5 straight minutes after reading "I eat parabolas and shit obtuse angles". Makes me smile even now.

However, the story could have used a beta reader as the scenes leapt from one thing to another without any notice. And I understood the need to include other people's thoughts to better portray Danni and Kevin but it seemed out of place, when the story mainly focused on them.

While the issue of Danni's preference ofbeing either a girl or a boy was interesting and exceptionally displayed it was never answered. Perhaps that was the idea, but I would personally have liked a more concluside ending. And maybe an ending with less typical HEA of Kevin and Danni happily on their way to Governor's office.

But overall, I give this a 3.5 star rating. Good humored and very interesting story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl For Me.

Yummy i agree with the beta reader thing, but about the preference i think it was deductive when the one who switched the cameras said all the time: i've got a feeling about this girl, so danni was publicly appearing as a girl at the tv show i think that pretty much says that she chose to be a girl :D

Trix Yummy wrote: "i agree with the beta reader thing, but about the preference i think it was deductive when the one who switched the cameras said all the time: i've got a feeling about this girl, so danni was publi..."

But is she a girl all the time now? Because she liked to be one sometimes when she was with Kevin in the beginning. Has she finally used medication to become one? I don't think that was mentioned, or I missed it.

Ryun I second the parabola quote.

message 4: by Izzy (new)

Izzy How did u read it reaaally wanna ???