owl's Reviews > Complete Poems, 1904-1962

Complete Poems, 1904-1962 by E.E. Cummings

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: ebook, owl, poems, favorite-authors, mi-love
Read from May 30, 2011 to January 03, 2012

INDAH. itulah mengapa saya sangat mencintai puisi-puisi E.E Cummings. oleh syair cintanya yang membuai, saya pun takluk dan mencintainya sampai detik ini. rasanya tak pernah bosan bercinta setiap malam dengan kata-katanya yang lembut dan penuh cinta. seperti menemukan ruang berbagi perasaan; atas kemelut jiwa. seperti menemukan kata penghiburan; atas kesepian. seperti menemukan bahu untuk bersandar; atas kelelahan. seperti menemukan pelukan hangat; atas segala kesedihan. dan seperti menemukan teman berbincang; tentang cinta dan mencintai, tentang kehidupan, dan tentang makna berpuisi itu sendiri; puisi adalah estetika kata. memesona, merangkul, menghanyutkan, sampai menemukan dataran kita sendiri.

pada suatu malam saya mendatanginya atas sebuah alasan. dan lewat selembar jiwanya, ia pun menghampiri saya:

You are tired,
(I think)
Of the always puzzle of living and doing;
And so am I.
Come with me, then,
And we'll leave it far and far away—
(Only you and I, understand!)
You have played,
(I think)
And broke the toys you were fondest of,
And are a little tired now;
Tired of things that break, and—
Just tired.
So am I.
But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight,
And I knock with a rose at the hopeless gate of your heart—
Open to me!
For I will show you the places Nobody knows,
And, if you like,
The perfect places of Sleep.
Ah, come with me!
I'll blow you that wonderful bubble, the moon,
That floats forever and a day;
I'll sing you the jacinth song
Of the probable stars;
I will attempt the unstartled steppes of dream,
Until I find the Only Flower,
Which shall keep (I think) your little heart
While the moon comes out of the sea.

(LOVE POEMS; X, p. 923)

saya pun terhanyut.

***

di malam-malam lain, saya mencarinya untuk sebuah hiburan, karena cinta terkadang menghampiri saya dengan tidak bersahabat. lalu, si penyair ini akan memberikan ruang dalam lembarannya untuk kita tersenyum dan terlena karenanya.

Lady, i will touch you with my mind.
Touch you and touch and touch
until you give
me suddenly a smile,shyly obscene
(lady i will
touch you with my mind.)Touch
you,that is all,
lightly and you utterly will become
with infinite ease
the poem which i do not write.

(Poems from The Dial Papers, 1919-20; XVII, p. 983)

i love you much(most beautiful darling)
more than anyone on the earth and i
like you better than everything in the sky
—sunlight and singing welcome your coming
although winter may be everywhere
with such a silence and such a darkness
noone can quite begin to guess
(except my life)the true time of year—
and if what calls itself a world should have
the luck to hear such singing(or glimpse such
sunlight as will leap higher than high
through gayer than gayest someone's heart at your each
nearerness)everyone certainly would(my
most beautiful darling)believe in nothing but love

(95 Poems (1958); dedication, p. 717)

dan...kata-katanya menghilangkan kata-kata di kepala saya.
_

ini hanyalah cara saya untuk berbicara dengan puisinya. ini dataran saya sendiri. dan puisi diatas hanya sebagain kecil dari keindahan-keindahan yang ia ciptakan.

dan untuk seseorang yang membuat saya menemui Cummings setiap malam. Mungkin, inilah kamu :)

he isn't looking at anything
he isn't looking for something
he isn't looking
but himself
himself how
not as some anyone
not as any someone
only as a noone(who is everyone)

(Uncollected Poems (1910-1962); DOVEGLION, p. 904)*

__
*konon katanya, puisi Doveglion ini dipersembahkan untuk Jose Garcia Villa, seorang penyair Filipina, kritikus sastra, penulis cerita pendek, dan pelukis. Jose Garcia Vila menggunakan nama pena Doveglion yang berasal dari Dove, Eagle, Lion.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Complete Poems, 1904-1962.

05/30/2011 page 30
3.0% "do you know? or maybe did, something go away, ever so quietly, when we weren't looking."
07/24/2011 page 289
25.0% "before leaving my room, i turn, and (stooping through the morning) kiss this pillow, dear where our heads lived and were."
07/25/2011 page 364
32.0% "if i love you (thickness means worlds inhabited by roamingly stern bright faeries //if you love me) distance is mind carefully luminous with innumerable gnomes of complete dream//if we love each (shyly) other, what clouds do or silently flowers resembles beauty less than our breathing"
08/01/2011 page 481
42.0% "and may myself do nothing usefully; and love yourself so more than truly; there's never been quite such a fool who could fail; pulling all the sky over him with one smile"
08/03/2011 page 526
46.0% "so truly perfectly the skies; by merciful love whispered were, completes its brightness with your eyes; any illimitable star"
08/04/2011 page 621
55.0% "three wealthy sisters swore they'd never part: Soul was(i understand) seduced by Life; whose brother married Heart, now Mrs Death. Poor Mind"
08/07/2011 page 717
63.0% "i love you much (most beautiful darling); more than anyone on the earth and i like you better than everything in the sky."
08/07/2011 page 744
65.0% "i shall imagine life is not worth dying, if (and when)roses complain their beauties are in vain//but though mankind persuades itself that every weed's a rose,roses(you feel certain)will only smile"
08/08/2011 page 768
68.0% "love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun more last than star"
08/09/2011 page 781
69.0% "now is a ship; which captain am; sails out of sleep; steering for dream;"
08/11/2011 page 810
71.0% "yours is the light by which my spirit's born:; yours is the darkness of my soul's return; —you are my sun,my moon,and all my stars"
08/11/2011 page 867
76.0% "Night, with sunset hauntings; A red cloud under the moon.; Here will I meet my love; Beneath hushed trees."
08/15/2011 page 869
76.0% "I look for you when comes the beautiful blue moon, When earth is as a queen whose soul hath taken flight, Embalmed in the entire strength of perfect light."
08/16/2011 page 931
82.0% "You shall sing my songs, O earth. With tilted lips and dancing throat shall you sing them, The songs my poems./ You shall dream my dreams, O world. Locked in the shining house of beautiful sleep, Of the dreams my poems. / You shall smile my smile, love. My eyes, my eyes have stroked the bird of your soul, The bird my poems."
08/17/2011 page 1026
90.0% "love's the i guess most only verb that lives; (her tense beginning,and her mood unend); from brightly which arise all adjectives; and all into whom darkly nouns descend"
08/18/2011 page 1136
100.0% "ditutup dengan: BOOK IV, ODE 6 (An Invocation to Apollo). ;To thee the poet drinks— "Long life!"—ere day is done; "Peace to thy land!"—when sinks; Under the ocean,mellow eve begun, The sun. (finished!)"