Katerina's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

5206914
Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: i-own
Read from June 18 to 22, 2012

Excuse me, I do not mean to be rude, (well I guess I kind of do) but I am saying this to the people out there who are mad at Cassandra Clare for writing more sequels to this kick ass series. You DO NOT have to read the sequels if you don't want to. And NO ONE is forcing you to.

So if you don't plan to read the sequels then please just stop being mad at her and you can believe the series ended with City of Glass. Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

message 1: by Kanisha (new) - added it

Kanisha AHHHHHHH SHUT UP !!! CASSANDRA CLARE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU !! I KNOW HER .. ME AND HER A BESTFRIENDS!!! MWAHAHAHAHA

Katerina Haha, ok calm down....

message 3: by Kanisha (new) - added it

Kanisha i am calm , you calm down

Katerina Ummm I'm not going around saying that I actually KNOW the author of these books.

message 5: by Lilyan (new)

Lilyan That is exactly what I did! I did not delude myself into believing the sequels will be any good and I perserved the awesomness of this series by stopping at book 3 :D. Have you read 4?

Mockingjay Love the review! Finally someone has said this

message 7: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary THANK YOU!!!!! for FINALLY making a point!!!!!

Haley I completely agree. People need to stop complaining about how they should have stopped with CIty of Glass, if they really want it to stop with that book, then they shouldn't read the sequels! And if they do, they should keep their rude comments to themselves.

Love_books finally someone who agrees!!!

Lilian I.Am.So.Happy!

Somebody finally understands! And somebody finally spoke up!

Thank you!

< img src="http://images.t-nation.com/forum_imag...;

Julianne Haines Yay!! Cassandra Clare has a kick ass series and I you don't like it stop reading!! I totally agree.

message 12: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen thank. you.
so annoying how people get all mad over this. did i have expectations for CoFA? YES. Was i disappointed? mildly. but i hope CoLS will be great and i have faith! also i LOVE TID series with a passion! so everyone just stop complaining!

Katerina Thank you! Yes, CoFA was a little disappointing, but I still gave it 5 stars!

message 14: by avie (new) - rated it 4 stars

avie thanks so much for finally saying this. i dont get why ppl bitch out on the latter sequels of TMI. you rock. :)

message 15: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Doomy wrote: "Thank you! Yes, CoFA was a little disappointing, but I still gave it 5 stars!"

Yeah, I really wasn't crazy with it, but I still think she's a brilliant author and out of fan loyalty I think I gave it either 4 or 5 stars. She still rocks though. TID is amazing!

Christine I am CRAVING for more of the series!! <3 Jace and Clary forever. <3

message 17: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia You make an awesome point but i will probley read to see what will happen.,,,,

message 18: by Ming (new) - added it

Ming Blah blah blah:) I love Jace ❤ n I'm in love with this series:) can't wait for "City of Souls" :)

Bethany I just think #5 better be a lot better than CoFA. I liked the first three books very much and to ressurect the series solely because of demand isn't right, IMO. I just really hope she did it because she wanted to continue the story, not because she wanted the money. Because that's kind of what CoFA felt like.

message 20: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Okay... I plan on reading all of them. #4 was pretty good...

Katerina Bethany wrote: "I just think #5 better be a lot better than CoFA. I liked the first three books very much and to ressurect the series solely because of demand isn't right, IMO. I just really hope she did it becaus..."

Yes I totally agree. I hate it when authors write a good book, but get all greedy and decide to write more. They just screw it up and it makes me sad :(
So ya, I hope Ms Clare isn't doing this just for the money.

Shannon Bristow I love these books!!! I'm glad someone spoke io, and I'm sad that there's only going to be 6 books. but oh well. and the TID Series I love!!!! but she left CP At a MAJORMAJORMAJORMAJOR CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!!! AND ME NO LIKE CLIFF HANGERS!!!!! :/ But I cant wait for princess to come out!!!! :)

message 23: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena If people don't like the fact that she is writing more sequels to the mortal instrumets series that is their problem. If they don't wanna read them that's fine. No reason to complain. I loved book #4 and can't wait for the fifth one. I'm sure that money may have something to do with her writing more books in the series but main reason she did it is because of the fans. They wanted more and she gave it to them and I think she delivered.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Katerina Sns wrote: "I just hate people who dislike her books just because she she has plagiarised-SO WHAT!"

I know right! Everyone says she took stuff from J.K. Rowling. I personally am not a fan of Harry Potter...so I could care less.

message 26: by Samanthajean (new) - added it

Samanthajean I actually loved CoFA. The Lilith twist was really awesome, although I'm into all that religious stuff. I cannot wait for CoLS!! Thank you for saying exactly how I feel! There's no law stating you have to finish a series. I myself pretend Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix never happened. To me, SIRIUS LIVES.

Jeremy Chenevert I am trying to get into this series along with the infernal devices series do you guys know if its in First person or not please let me know?

message 28: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Amazing series, I love these books so much! Can't wait for the fifth is cannot come out soon enough!! Cassandra Clare is truly an amazing author and really knows how to write creative novels :)!

Isaac F Im with you

Candice Doomy wrote: "Sns wrote: "I just hate people who dislike her books just because she she has plagiarised-SO WHAT!"

Why do people think she stole from JK Rowling? I dont see it. MI and ID are great, original series! I loved CoFA and I can't wait for the next one :)

message 31: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Lurie If a book is a little disappointing why give it 5 stars?

Raeleen Lemay Exactly! Personally, I've loved every one of the books in this series and The Infernal Devices series. Of course, I do carry the belief that she only added more books to the series to mooch more money out of the same story, but I don't care because I love it so much!

message 33: by Noye (new)

Noye Personally, I do think that it should have ended at book 3 but I don't see the need to throw a hissy fit if she writes more. I just don't read them...and tell friends to stop ruining my happy ending when they start squealing about it, lol. I doubt she's after money. Maybe, but more likely she's just one if those authors who can't let her characters go. Unlike JK who just killed them all off...hated her for that.

Colleen Loving book 5, seems way better than book 4 and is more interesting with Sebastian being more prominent. Hate how Jace is though :(

Jeremy Chenevert I have read city of bones and city of ashes they both were really good can wait to start city of glass:)))))

message 36: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra Armstrong fedorova Doomy: I agree with U ;) BTw guys: morganville vampires is WAYYY more kick ass than COFA and all.... But i still lovr TMI<3

message 37: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy well, i LOVE this series and im always waiting for the new ones, i also love her newest series the infernal devices... i was a little sad when i heard they pushes back the release date of the next book.

Maddie Amen, sista!

Jasmine wagner i agree cassandra clare is one of my favorite writer because i love her writing and she keep feeding me more

Kristin Edwards I think that people should be free to express themselves. You are free to express your negative opinion of other people's negative opinions. I thought that book 4 was pretty awful. That being said, I stuck it out and am enjoying book 5 so much more. Do I think she should have stopped after book 3? Yes. Did I express that in my review? Yes. It hasn't effected your world one bit. So get over it.

Marge i never know that ?
Marge

Erika I love all her books and I'm not hating on her sequels but she could have added a little more throughout the middle. Maybe it's just Clary and Jace getting on my forever alone nerves. The ending I liked though. Very mucho.

Cheyenne Lilyan wrote: "That is exactly what I did! I did not delude myself into believing the sequels will be any good and I perserved the awesomness of this series by stopping at book 3 :D. Have you read 4?"

I have read book four, and I found it surprisingly well done, although not as good as the original three.

Cheyenne Doomy wrote: "Sns wrote: "I just hate people who dislike her books just because she she has plagiarised-SO WHAT!"

I have read every single one of the Harry Potter books numerous times, and am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, but I still love these books. Although some basic ideas are somewhat borrowed, they are written so differently you don't even notice.

Tiffany Yes, I agree with my friend (who started this convo.) people need to know, that if you DONT want to read this book YOU DONT have to. So how about you all just GET OVER IT and move on. Okay, there's no point in agruing over a website on come on people be reasonable here.

Tiffany *here

Vinisha Love the whole series don't care about other people

message 48: by Wildwood (new) - added it

Wildwood You either like the series or you don't. I like them because they're in third person. All this first person in young-adult,has been giving me a headache.

message 49: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn I just finished book 5 and I'm glad the story didn't end at book 3 because quite frankly, it didn't seem "the end" to me. I loved book 5!! I think it's one with all the action and in overinflated of secrets and meanings. So much emotion not just from Clary and Jace but from all the characters. This is the book where they all came together as one. I ant wait for the 6th book! But I do hope Clary and Jace find their happily ever after. :)

message 50: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Oops! I meant "uncovering" not "overinflated"

« previous 1