Jean's Reviews > Blood Reaction

Blood Reaction by D.L. Atha

May 29, 11

Read in May, 2011

I found this to be a fascinating read, a very different take on the vampire genre. Not only will vampire lovers will enjoy it, but medical personnel will enjoy the unique perspective of life and death.The story is modern day and brings up an age old question of a mothers love for her child, and the fight for our survival. The medical aspect of the story line also adds an interesting element. It is a quick read and I look forward to the sequel, I do hope there is one. I can easily see how this could develop into a series. Blood Reaction A Vampire Novel by DL Atha is available for only $2.99 in Kindle Edition at Amazon.com.
Product Description
Annalice, a single mother and physician, is ready to immerse herself in the mundane chores of her farm as a diversion from her hectic professional life. But she becomes the victim of a home invasion, the supernatural kind. Vindictive and cruel, Asa, a century old vampire, takes brutal control of her life and home. Forcing her to strike a bargain in exchange for her daughter's life, Annalice must not only accept his presence but also bow to his depravity. Facing threats to her only child, she relies on her skills as a physician to unravel the clues to the vampire's existence, attempting to beat him at his own game. Caught in a race against a genetic timeline, Annalice struggles to survive the Blood Reaction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Reaction.