Toni's Reviews > Embrace the Night

Embrace the Night by Crystal Jordan

May 30, 11

bookshelves: kensington-arcs
Read from May 29 to 30, 2011

Off the bat, I just want to say…This is NOT a love story that involves werewolves (note wolf on cover). There is a great werewolf in the story and there is love involved, but this is not a werewolf love story. Ok, now that has been said.

What a great story!! I loved the 2.5 main characters (I’ll explain later).

In this story there are Magickal ones…vampires, werewolves, witches and fae. While they are hidden from the Normals, that would be us, they are mainstream.

Chloe Standish is a woman with a heartbreaking past. While she has worked hard to become the strong independent woman she is today, she still has many scars. Merek Kingston is a man that still lives in the past. Not able to get over his past to move onto the future. When these two meet up for a one night stand, sparks fly literally.

Thrown back together months after their brief affair, they enjoy the passion they share for each other, but fight the future they could have together. They must work side-by-side to stay alive along with Chloe’s godson Alex (that is the 0.5). The three of them are fighting against the odds as the Magickal community seems to be all against them.

There is passion from the first page to the very last. While it is very hot passion, it was all held within context and delightfully done. Ms. Jordan knows how to write great scenes from sex to action all the way to interpersonal ones. She did a great job!

There is no great mystery, no real deep plot or surprise. Just a well told story of 3 people coming together to form a lifelong bond. It’s a great summer read that is not too light or too heavy. If you want to escape, grab this book!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace the Night.