Jaime's Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

I wasn't looking forward to reading Tohr's book but i loved it was a lot better than Lover Unleashed which i didn't enjoy as much. My favourite BDB book next to Rhage.

Favourite quotes -

“Don't be an asshole"
Rhage summed up the regurgitation with two words: "Kettle.Black."
Fucking hell. "Did you guys plan that out?"
"Yeah and if you don't fight us"- Hollywood bit down on the grape Tootsie Pop-"we'll do it again- only with the dance moves this time"
"Spare me."
"Fine.Unless you agree to home it,we WILL rock the dance moves." To prove the point ,the moron linked his palms behind his head and started doing something obscene with his hips. Which was backed up by a series of,"Uh-huh,uh-huh,ohhhh, yeeeeeeah,who's your daddy..."
The others looked at Rhage like he'd grown a horn in the middle of his forehead. Nothing unusual there. And Tohr knew that, in spite of this ridiculous diversion,if he didn't cave,the lot of them would crawl so far up his ass,he'd be coughing up shitkickers.
Rhage wheeled around,shoved out his butt,and started slapping his moneymaker like it was bread dough.
"For the love of the Virgin Scribe,"Z muttered "put us out of this misery, and go the fuck home"
Someone else chimed in, "You know, I never thought there were advantages to being blind..."
"Or deaf"
"Or mute," somebody added”

“And if that bastard’s innocent,” Rhage spoke up, “I’m the fucking Easter bunny.”
“Oh, good,” someone quipped. “I’m calling you Hop-along Hollywood from now on.”
“Beasty Bo Peep,” somebody else threw out.
“We could put you in a Cadbury ad and finally make some money—”
“People,” Rhage barked, “the point is that he is not innocent and I’m notthe Easter bunny—”
“Where’s your basket?”
“Can I play with your eggs?”
“Hop it out, big guy—”
“Will you guys fuck off ? Seriously!”

“Abruptly, Blay's blue stare found his.
And what Quinn saw in it caused him to falter: Love shone out of that face, unadulterated love untempered by the shyness that was very much part of his reserve.
Blay didn't look away.
And for the first time .. . Neither did Quinn.
He didn't know wheater the emothion was for his cousin-it probably was- but he'd take it. He stared right back at Blaylock and let everything he had in his heart show in his face.
He just let that shit fly.
Because there was lesson in this Fade ceremony tonight: You could lose the ones you loved in the blink of an eye-and he was willing to bet when it happened, you weren't thinking about all the reasons that could have kept you apart.
You thought of all the reasons that kept you together”

“As they went by Assail, the male was watching them. "Jesus, he really is blind"
Wrath pulled up short and unsheathed his dagger, pointed it directly into the guys face. "But my hearing is just fine”

“Aha!" Lassiter pointed at the boob tube. "You motherfucker! I knew you were the father!”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

03/28/2012 page 61
03/29/2012 page 201
35.0% "Much better than Lover Unleashed."
03/30/2012 page 507
89.0% "I don't want this book to end."
show 3 hidden updates…