Lindsay's Reviews > Red Glove

Jun 06, 11

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, books-i-own, cover-lust
Read on June 03, 2011

Curse Workers by Holly Black

You will not believe how happy I was to get my hands on this ebook thanks to my gooreads friend Suzy :) for sending it to me. I really appreciate it! Even though this book wasn't as stunningly amazing as the first book, I still loved it. Holly Black is just one of those writers who writes her stories, characters, and plot almost effortlessly. She could be writing about dirt and I would still be crazy about it. Thats how much I love her.

Cassel is so wonderful. I absolutely love him. There's just something so raw about him throughout this story that keeps me interested through and through and of course I love his curse. If I could choose, I would want the transformation curse, even if it means my body goes haywire. We also got to learn so much more about the curse, like what he could specifically transform and how the backlash would hurt him.

And Sam! Oh my gosh, what a great friend. Seriously, he's funny, he's adorable and he's always got Cassel's back which I love. Those two make a crazy pair. I also like Daneca a lot more in this book, and her love hate relationship with Cassel. It was kind of obvious that she was a curse worker, although I would have thought she was a luck worker not an emotion worker.

Lila is back...she's a little better in this book but I'm still not crazy about her. Seeing her through Cassel's eyes affects my overall opinion of her but who knows, maybe I'll love her by the third book. Most likely not because Cassel deserves so much better than her, especially with how she treats him. I mean, yes he did transform her into a cat but he did everything he could to save her.

Overall, I loved this book! The plot was exciting, a little predictable but with a perfect Holly Black twist that I just love! I am DYING to get my hands on Black Heart because I know its going to be an amazing finale to this series! :D

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Glove.