Janet's Reviews > The Historian

Aug 14, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: ridin-in-my-car-cd, fiction-not-fluff
Read in August, 2009

This audio book was quite the production! Accompanying music and all! The fact that it was read by several narrators made it a lot nicer to follow. I have to admit though, that towards the end **SPOILER TO FOLLOW**, when I first heard Dracula's voice, I had to giggle a tiny bit. I don't know why, but it cracked me up. It seemed so cliche. (But really, how else is one to do his voice?)
As far as the story goes: I'm not sure if I would have liked it more if I would have read the printed word. I think that I was distracted a few times while listening to this and may have missed some key moments. Sometimes I just felt lost and/or confused.
A middle of the road review is all I can give at this time. Basically, it was enjoyable enough though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Historian.

Carrie I loved this one.

Janet I am really rather enjoying the audiobook version of this. It's quite the production! It's got several different narrators, which makes it very nice. Also, there's a little bit of music at certain times that makes for a dramatic effect. I'm halfway through it. It takes me awhile to finish an audiobook because I limit myself to listening to them only during my 15 min. ea. way communte to work.