Kristen's Reviews > Deeper Than the Dead

Deeper Than the Dead by Tami Hoag

Jun 03, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from May 29 to June 03, 2011

just finished this one tonight - i have book 2 (secrets to the grave) on hold at the library as i type!! i'm going to get it tomorrow & start it right away. =)

i liked this one a lot - i was pretty riveted. in fact, it totally eclipsed the other book i'm currently reading (the bronze horseman by paullina simon) so while i finished this book in a few days, that one is stuck at 15%!

i found this book to be gripping & interesting. it was a very enjoyable, fast paced read. i found myself staying up a little later than i should have just b/c i wanted to see what would happen next!!

that said, some things that bugged me a bit:

- franny was a great character & i loved him, but i don't think a super flamboyant trash mouthed gay man would have been tolerated in the 1980's in the kind of oak knoll is portrayed to be. just sayin'.

- the endless references to the 80's got old. YES THE BOOK WAS SET IN THE 80'S. you don't need to mention shoulder pads, madonna, the cosby show, golden girls, "future CSI advances" and the like. it was pretty much pounded into your brain.

- i agree w/ another reviewer on here that i would have liked more insight into the serial killer and WHY he is committing these heinous crimes. maybe that will be addressed in book 2??

either way - i liked it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper Than the Dead.

Linda Loved it!!!!!!

Kristen I'm really into it. I'm about halfway through!

Linda I cant wait to read the next one...love how they went back to times before super tecnology.....

Linda I am now reading Secrets to the Grave..Im at about100 pages and am loving it also!!!!!!