Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell's Reviews > Vampire in Atlantis

Vampire in Atlantis by Alyssa Day

Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: must-read-series, kick-ass-heroine
Read in August, 2011

Daniel had lived over 11,000 years. He was the Primator of vampires in the U.S. Congress and he was tired and ready to face the dawn. Serai had spent the last 11,000 years in a type of suspended animation. Promised to the Atlantean Royal Prince Conlan, she has been left in her stasis to hear those around her live their lives. When the stasis magic is interrupted Serai breaks free of her stasis and Atlantis with Daniel in tow.
If they can't find the jewel that's disrupting the magic, Serai and her sisters still in stasis will die, and Atlantis may never rise.

I have been waiting Daniel's book for what seems like forever. I am a HUGE fan of this series and Daniel was a favorite character of mine since the beginning. It was worth the wait, every agonizing second of it. Daniel has spent most of his vampiric life trying to atone for what he sees as his failures, the cross all noble heroes seem to bear. It is an admirable trait, but to paraphrase another favorite character of mine (shout out to the BDB) "Get off the cross, someone else needs the wood". Thankfully a pissed off Serai is just what he needs to smack him upside his "oh, so noble" head. Yeah, Serai is pissed, and with good reason. She was only 25 when put in stasis. (very young for an Atlantean) She knew her intended, Conlan, had married a human. Not that she loved Conlan, but still, she had waited millenia for him. When she escapes, Conlan wants to pull the kingly ruler card and order her back to Atlantis. She laid the verbal smack down on his butt and went about her merry way. My girl, Serai was channeling Sasha Fierce and taking no prisoners. She is woman, hear her roar.

Of course Alaric played a role in this book, along with his lady love Quinn. There are some major developments in their story line involving Jack (who really MUST have his own book). Lots of new characters and storylines evolving and making me anticipate the next book. There's even a guy with a regenerating hand *snort* I get so caught up in the story, I don't realize there's only a few pages left, and then I panic. This story had every emotional element known to man, love, lust, anger, hatred, laughter and joy and tear jerking sorrow. Yes, you might need a tissue or two. I can't recommend this series highly enough, and the Warriors of Poseidon are among the elite in romance heroes. Kudos to Ms. Day for a job well done.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire in Atlantis.

08/28/2011 page 225
67.0% "What the hell got into Justice???"