Shawn Cannon's Reviews > For Nothing

For Nothing by Nicholas Denmon

Jun 29, 11

Read from May 29 to June 27, 2011

In truth I started to read this because a friend of a friend had wrote a novel and I wanted to show some support to an indie writer. For the price of 99 cents, buying it was a no brainer.

Initially I was overanalyzing the novel as I got started into it. I felt the first chapter was well written and intriguing enough for me to turn to the next chapter. The book took a step back shortly thereafter as there was a lack of originality and a repeat use of descriptions in the first part of the book. It was easily forgiven, again, because for a dollar I wasn't expecting a masterpiece.

As I continued to read, the story started to come alive. I found myself reading more and more with each sitting, until last night when I refused to go to bed until I finished. The plot was thickening so well that I was praying I would not be disappointed in the end, and I wasn't. The ending was not cliche, nor was it predictable.

It was a great debut novel from a promising young author. There's definately some room to grow if he wants to spin his hero into a series, but I believe any expectations will be well met.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Nothing.