Literary's Reviews > Lakebridge: Spring

Lakebridge by Natasha Troop

Nov 20, 11

Read from November 06 to 14, 2011

Cover

Like: It reminds me of fog or shadows, which makes the reader think the book is mysterious and spooky.

Plot

There is evil in Stansbury ... in the form of a bridge. A covered bridge. Built by some English gent to access the darkness of his evil powers.

The bridge never fades. The bridge never needs repairs. The bridge can never be brought down. The bridge is here to stay to, obsessively and possessively, "love" the inhabitants of the town named after its creator, Lord Stansbury.

Will the Silver Knight and the Strange One be successful in their quest of finding the bridge's weakness and bringing it to ruins?

Main Characters

Gil - This man was born with bad luck and cannot get rid of it. Those who come in contact with him are also affected.

Shelley - Gil's best friend and the object of a state patrolperson's love interest. She's always happy, lives in the moment and continuously tries to help people.

Ben - Town sheriff. He knows something is wrong with Stansbury and tries to uncover its secrets.

Overall

The book was interesting. I only have two major complaints:

Chapters were way too long
A LOT of proofreading mistakes. Not spelling ... proofreading.

Minor complaints: I would have liked to have found out the codgy pharmacist's background and perhaps have been introduced to more of the darker side of Lakebridge.

Other than that, the concept of the story was unique and original. I enjoyed that. I think with a few little tweaks, this could be a great novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lakebridge.

11/06/2011 page 51