AtenRa's Reviews > A Beautiful Evil

A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

Mar 07, 12

did not like it
bookshelves: ya-fiction, mythology, vampires, gods-and-goddesses
Read from February 22 to 24, 2012

Whoa. What was that??? I feel like I've just been hit by a truck. Hurt, bewildered but mainly pissed off. I liked Darkness Becomes Her, I really really did, and I was particularly eager to read A Beautiful Evil. I don't know what happened to Keaton, but ABE for me was very, very bad.

First off, it never once managed to catch my attention. Nothing that went on was interesting or important to me. The character development was non existent and there was no chemistry not only between Ari and Sebastian, the alleged love interest, but also between Ari and her father, Violet, her friends. Not that secondary characters had any role to play. They were as useless as a toothbrush to a fish. I'd have liked to see more of the school and the classes.

The book itself was very short with basically no story at all, except maybe for the action scene in the last couple of chapters which pretty much includes everything you need to know about ABE's plot. There was no need for a whole different book for that. Maybe if it was a novella or a companion novel, it would still be pretty bad, but at least it wouldn't count as a sequel.

Ari was not at all the assertive and strong young woman I remembered from DBH.
She rather acted like a silly schoolgirl throughout the whole book. She is in enemy territory, her friend and father's lives are at stake, she could die any minute, and as she and Sebastain are moving stealthily towards their target, first thing that comes to mind is ask Sebastian about a girl that looked at him funny the other day and announce to him that she is not interested at all in love triangles.
WTF?? Eww. Just please, stop talking.

I am so so disappointed in A Beautiful Evil. So much so, that reading it made me doubt if Darkness Becomes Her was even that good, and I hate second guessing myself. Unfortunately, I'm breaking up with this series :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Evil.

02/23/2012 page 88
31.0% "Kinda lost interest :("

Aly (Fantasy4eva) wow. that's one low rating. lol. maybe i won't be reading this series after all. looking forward to your review, mate :)

AtenRa I have no idea what happened with this one. I liked Darkness Becomes Her so much!! It had no story, whatsoever. A shame, really :(