Karen's Reviews > Mad Love

Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors

Jul 24, 11

Read from July 21 to 24, 2011

I went through quite a few emotions whilst reading this book. The situation Alice is in is very sad and I felt quite heartbroken for her, but yet she had her head on her shoulders and this story was definitely not a tale of doom and gloom. Quite often I was laughing out loud or sniggering quietly to myself at the hilarity of a situation or at Alice’s thoughts.

Alice herself was a really likeable and pleasant character and I think she handled the situation of her mother’s mental illness and all the other problems that came hand in hand with that situation, like money troubles, very well. She was so determined to write the next book to cover for her mother and I could feel her panic as time was running out.

I really enjoyed meeting Tony, the boy Alice had been admiring from afar all summer. I wouldn’t say he had a major part in the story, but I clicked with him and enjoyed his input.

Then when Errol showed up, I didn’t know whether to laugh at the guy, feel sorry for him or dislike him. Just as I’d made my mind up one way or the other, something else came up which changed my view on him. I just loved the idea of him being Cupid.

I enjoyed Mad Love and really looked forward to reading my next instalment each evening. If you’re looking for an easy with a fairly fast paced read then I suggest you give this book a go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad Love.

07/21/2011 page 64