Lynai's Reviews > Jellicoe Road

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

May 28, 2011

bookshelves: on-hold

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jellicoe Road.

Quotes Lynai Liked

Melina Marchetta
“My father took one hundred and thirty-two minutes to die.

I counted.

It happened on the Jellicoe Road. The prettiest road I’d ever seen, where trees made breezy canopies like a tunnel to Shangri-La. We were going to the ocean, hundreds of miles away, because I wanted to see the ocean and my father said that it was about time the four of us made that journey. I remember asking, 'What’s the difference between a trip and a journey?' and my father said, 'Narnie, my love, when we get there, you’ll understand,' and that was the last thing he ever said.”

Melina Marchetta
“These people have history and I crave history. I crave someone knowing me so well that they can tell what I'm thinking. Jonah Griggs takes my hand under the table and links my fingers with his and I know that I would sacrifice almost anything just to keep this state of mind, for the rest of the week at least.”

Melina Marchetta
“It's funny how you can forget everything except people loving you. Maybe that's why humans find it so hard getting over love affairs. It's not the pain they're getting over, it's the love.”
Melina Marchetta, On the Jellicoe Road

07/05/2012 "Putting this on-hold until I get hold of a paperback or a more eye-friendly ebook format."

Tina Like like like. =)

Lynai Must I say your review completely convinced me? ;) Now, how to get a copy. :D