DarienMoya's Reviews > Between Sinners and Saints

Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton

^^THE PERFECT BALANCE!^^

More of my reviews and thoughts on my blog PANTS OFF REVIEWS

I really enjoyed reading this book. Marie Sexton is a wonderful author, and I have yet to be disappointed by any of her books. Between Sinners and Saints addresses some deep issues, which the author managed splendidly. Always a hot topic when dealing with homosexuality and religion, as a reader and a human being I have some opinions on it. Something I would rather not tackle at this moment.

What really bothered me in this book, were Levi’s parents. As a mother myself, I found it hard to read how his parents and family treated him. I always tell everyone around me, that there are worse things my sons could be, and being gay is not one of them. It was just somewhat disgusting to read about them in this book. Really irked me!

However, I really loved the book. I loved Jaime and his courage to overcome what was done to him. When a child innocence is taken away from a young age, it’s hard to come back from that. Miss Sexton handled it beautifully; Jaime was believable in all his struggles. Levi though a playboy at the beginning of the book, he grows into a wonderful character.

I recommend this book if you are looking for a deeply satisfying read, about love overcoming all odds. This book is definitely not about sex, it plays a role; yes. However, it’s less important than the overall plot. I enjoyed reading this book so much, and devoured it within a day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Sinners and Saints.

15.0% "This is some HEAVY stuff. Real heavy." 8 comments
08/28/2011
32.0% "I want to just punch Levi's parents in the face. Your belief is your belief; I get that. Its a whole new level when your ignorance makes you do and say stupid things. I just don't even wanna read about them, this family is insufferable."
08/28/2011
50.0% "Two occasions of uncontrollable tears."