Tiffany Neal's Reviews > We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes

We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes by Patrick Jennings

May 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011, childrens-realistic-fiction
Read from May 28 to 29, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I love how it is told by the point of view of the snake and how it adds lots of factual information about the animals that Gunnar catches and keeps for pets. The relationship between Crusher and Breakfast is too cute and I laughed out loud every time Breakfast would chirp up and repeat himself over and over again. Too cute. I love when I read a book that has me feeling empathy for the characters, especially when the main characters are a snake and a mouse!

I have a feeling that this book will be a hit in my classroom. Now, the only question that remains is if this book should go in the realistic fiction section of my library. The animals "talk" but in the sense of telepathy for the reptiles, and the mouse squeaks words that the reptiles understand, but the humans and animals do not communicate, so I'm guessing that this is realistic fiction. Animals have thoughts. Yup, I'm glad I was able to talk that out.

Very cute and fun read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Can't All Be Rattlesnakes.