Shari's Reviews > The Fallen Star

The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

May 29, 11

Read from May 28 to 29, 2011

Let me preface this by saying...a 5 star rating from me means I loved the book page to page cover to cover and word for word... It means the book picked me up and dropped me into the book world created by the author and when it was over I was kicking and screaming not wanting to leave. So 5 stars from me = epic proportion.

Now that being said 4 stars as I've given this book means I liked it. A lot. I was certainly absorbed into the story and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's well worthy of 4 stars. I realized part way through this book that it was self published by a debuting author and I thought to myself..."keep your eye on this girl, she's gonna take you great places". which is what I love about a great book - the places it takes you!

Like many YA fantasy or paranormal books there's a romantic element yet what's different in this book is the tension and lack of actually being together for the couple... You get glimpses and teasers of almost but not quite moments and except for one or two shall we call them electrified moments ;) the relationship between Gemma and Alex hasn't yet materialized. Yet the potential.., ahhh such potential!

It was intriguing how Sorensen mixed sci-fi elements with paranormal/fantasy and managed to do so in a way that fit like a glove. The storyline reminds me a bit of Mortal Instruments yet with it's own twists and ideas.

A fun read with a huge cliffhanger at the end leaving you wanting more. Looking forward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Star.

Quotes Shari Liked

Jessica Sorensen
“The first time I'd ever felt happy-and I mean ever-was when I'd been lying in my bed, staring out my window, watching the stars shine harmoniosly with one another.”
Jessica Sorensen, The Fallen Star

05/29/2011 page 247
55.0% "Intriguing concepts... having trouble putting it down."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Alexa i made a group for this book plz join http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...