Valerie's Reviews > The Chaos

The Chaos by Rachel Ward

May 28, 2011

Read in May, 2011

This is the sequel to Numbers. I loved Numbers. This one, I just liked quite a bit. Of course, after loving the first one so much and having high expectations for this one, it would have to be pretty amazing to get 4 stars. Unfortunately, it just wasn't as good as the first.
Jem and Spider had a child, Adam, and now they are gone. Adam is living with Spider's mom, Val, and he can see death dates just like his mother. Now we have Sarah, a girl who has started seeing dreams of something really bad happening. Adam is noticing a lot of dates are the same. Could these two teens be seeing the same thing???
This book was definitely a page turner; I had to know what was going to happen! It flipped from Adam to Sarah's point of view. Both parts were equally exciting to read. The story flowed well for sure. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite as tied to the characters as I was to Jem and Spider. I liked them, just not quite as much together as I did the other two. Middle books in trilogies are often less exciting than the first and last. This book was better than a lot of middle books. The ending was pretty great, and I can't wait to read the end of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chaos.