E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn's Reviews > Gone With the Wind

Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone With the Wind.

Quotes E.V.Franzmnn Liked

Margaret Mitchell
“My dear, I don't give a damn.”

Margaret Mitchell
“Never pass up new experiences [Scarlett], They enrich the mind." - Rhett Butler”

Margaret Mitchell
“I loved something I made up, something that's just as dead as Melly is. I made a pretty suit of clothes and fell in love with it. And when Ashley came riding along, so handsome, so different, I put that suit on him and made him wear it whether it fitted him or not. And I wouldn't see what he really was. I kept on loving the pretty clothes—and not him at all.”

Margaret Mitchell
“Perhaps - I want the old days back again and they'll never come back, and I am haunted by the memory of them and of the world falling about my ears. ”
tags: life

Margaret Mitchell
“Dear Scarlett! You aren't helpless. Anyone as selfish and determined as you are is never helpless. God help the Yankees if they should get you." -Rhett Butler”

Margaret Mitchell
“Sir,"she said,"you are no gentleman!"

An apt observation,"he answered airily."And, you, Miss, are no lady.”

Margaret Mitchell
“I'd cut up my heart for you to wear if you wanted it.”

Margaret Mitchell
“Child, it's a very bad thing for a woman to face the worst that can happen to her, because after she's faced the worst she can't ever really fear anything again. ...Scarlett, always save something to fear— even as you save something to love...”

Margaret Mitchell
“I bare my soul and you are suspicious! No, Scarlett, this is a bona fide honorable declaration. I admit that it's not in the best of taste, coming at this time, but I have a very good excuse for my lack of breeding. I'm going away tomorrow for a long time and I fear that if I wait till I return you'll have married some one else with a little money. So I thought, why not me and my money? Really, Scarlett, I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands. ”

Margaret Mitchell
“Death, taxes and childbirth! There's never any convenient time for any of them.”

Margaret Mitchell
“I've always had a weakness for lost causes once they're really lost.”

Margaret Mitchell
“Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.”

Margaret Mitchell
“You're so brutal to those who love you, Scarlett. You take their love and hold it over their heads like a whip.”

Margaret Mitchell
“And apologies, once postponed, become harder and harder to make, and finally impossible.”

Margaret Mitchell
“No, my dear, I'm not in love with you, no more than you are with me, and if I were, you would be the last person I'd ever tell. God help the man who ever really loves you. You'd break his heart, my darling, cruel, destructive little cat who is so careless and confident she doesn't even trouble to sheathe her claws.”

Margaret Mitchell
“Well, my dear, take heart. Some day, I will kiss you and you will like it. But not now, so I beg you not to be too impatient.”

Margaret Mitchell
“That is the one unforgivable sin in any society. Be different and be damned!”

07/29/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/29/2014
4.0% "I love the accent. It's one of my fave audiobook already"
07/30/2014
5.0% "I think I "born queer" like the Wilkes. I don't mind that...at all."
08/01/2014
7.0% "I must have some Irish blood in me after all ."
08/07/2014
7.0% "Don't beat yourself up about it, Scarlet. I keep forgetting about Wade too. I honestly can't remember him from the movie. Did they take him out of the story or something?"
08/07/2014
12.0% "Sothern people know how to be hospitable indeed. LoL"
08/07/2014
15.0% "I love Rhett Butler. He is no gentleman, but then again, I’m no lady :3"
08/07/2014
20.0% "I know why Scarlet hates Melanie and in some ways I hate her too. She is a good person in a way few people can be. I don’t think I could ever be that genuinely good and seeing such a selfless and good hearted person makes me feel evil. I don’t like that, so I hate her, I admire her and I envy her, all at the same time and with the same amount."
08/07/2014
23.0% "War is a selfish bitch. We can never go back to way things used to be. You can’t forget once you get the scars. And I don’t mean on your skin, I’m talking about your soul."
08/07/2014
26.0% "Life isn’t always about serious stuff. It can be about boyfriends and pretty hats too, even if you are in the midst of a civil war."
08/07/2014
30.0% "This is what I love about Scarlett. In one minute she is a selfish child and in the other she is this amazing woman stepping over half dead soldiers to help the one person she hates the most."
08/11/2014
40.0% "Melanie , you have a way of always be where you're needed and have the words we need to hear to feel better."
08/11/2014
44.0% "Nightmares when asleep, nightmare when awake."
08/12/2014
49.0% "I'm Ashley. Always preferring to see the raze instead the reality."
09/10/2014
73.0% "the more I read, the more I think I have some Irish in me."
09/25/2014
100.0% "my heart is broken"
09/25/2014 marked as: read