Kendra's Reviews > He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know

He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Ever... by Jessica Valenti

May 28, 11

Read in May, 2011

I like Jessica Valenti's writing, but I think this one was a bit too "Intro to Feminism" for where I am right now. A good book for anyone who's not familiar with the inequalities we face in everyday life, but not one I'd recommend for someone who's been in the movement for a while.

There was also a chapter entitled "He's childless, she's selfish," which I expected to talk about the stigma surrounded we childfree women of the world, but which was in fact talking about single mothers vs single fathers. Something that should be talked about...but also something that shouldn't go under that title. I think mistakes like this gave the book a hastily-cobbled feel of which I'm not terribly fond.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He's a Stud, She's a Slut, and 49 Other Double Standards Every Woman Should Know.