Julia's Reviews > The Book of Awesome

The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha

May 28, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in May, 2011

This book is comprised of short 1 & 2 pagers of life's little joys. It was laugh out loud funny at times. Many things resonnated with me.

For example: when Pasricha talks about "the other side of the pillow", I said, yea, that's me! "On nights when you just can't sleep, one of the greatest things invented is simply Turning Over the Pillow!. The other side of the pillow, folks, is flat when you're sagging, fresh when you're stale, and cold when you're hot, baby!

Another awesome experience is when the socks from the dryer all match up perfectly. You first start pairing up the easy ones - reconnecting brown argyle husbands with brown argyle wives and red-striped brothes with red-striped sisters. It's free and easy love all around. Then it happens - you hit the pile of white or black leftover socks and the matching gets tough. You are now inspecting patterns and heel placements, checking testures and fades, just hoping it's all going to work out.......

Don't tell me you haven't ever experienced that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Awesome.