Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)'s Reviews > Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to Me by Brian  Rowe

May 28, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in May, 2011

This was pretty enjoyable. I was able to read it all in one sitting, the intriguing story line kept me glued to my Kindle until I read the whole thing. I rarely read books from the male POV and I enjoyed the switch up. It was different to see the story from the other side.

The premise, was very intriguing. Cam goes through all the emotions. At first, it's not so bad (except for the belly bulge). He looks more grown up and he thinks that this just might be the ticket to help him get with his girlfriend. But it doesn't last long. Confusing, anger, fear, depression all come into play. It's no picnic. What I really enjoyed about this novel was, Cam really started to open his eyes to his life and decided that he can change. Maybe not the growing old part, but how he treats others.

I'm not sure what is in store next for this Trilogy, but that is what I like most. I definitely plan on reading the next. I think this is a refreshing change of pace in the YA genre. It doesn't blend and fade. It sticks out and it's a great read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Birthday to Me.