Deena's Reviews > The Fires of Heaven

The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan

Mar 06, 08

bookshelves: fantasy-classic
Read in January, 2006

I'm sorry, but by this point, if I had to read once more about "smoothed faced" ageless women (and insert many other repeated phrases of your choice here), I was going to lose my mind. I kept reading the books for the sake of completion, but by book 5, I was rapidly losing patience and interest. I think these books suffered from the syndrome of many long-running book (and TV) series--the lack of an overall cohesive plotline and the presence of far too many characters to keep active in an otherwise entertaining and creatively built world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fires of Heaven.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Amen! I tried. I really did. I made it through book 8 or so before I just said NO MORE! I liked some of the characters and I enjoyed some of the story, but after a while I felt like I was being manipulated.

Kelsey I hardly see those words anymore. See the story, not the words or technicalities. How else can you describe someone ageless and beautiful? They're not vibrant, they're not exuberant, they are more like ivory or marble. Frozen ivory? Forever young marble?