Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Magic Bites

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Five reasons why owning a Beast Lord would kick ass

1. Getting dinner has never been this easy. I always have a hard time finding a good place to order my food from. Order, yes, since I’m too lazy to go out sometimes. Having a Beast Lord with me could save the day. Think of eating some yum roast whenever you want. You just say “Hey Curran, don’t you feel like eating some rabbit?” and he just goes and gets it for you. Freshest rabbit out there and it’s all yours.

Nah, I kid the rabbit catching thing. I could never eat rabbits, they’re too cute. I’m actually talking about that awesome restaurant that’s at the end of the city and doesn’t deliver to my street because I’m too far away. The lazy bastards! So I can just send my Beast Lord to fetch it for me since he needs a stretch of legs. Fastest delivery ever!

2. Lose weight like a boss. Sometimes all that chocolate I eat goes all the way to my ass. My husband might like it but I still like to fit in my favourite pair of jeans! Here’s where my Beast Lord comes in for the rescue. Beast Lords need to eat a lot. And I mean A LOT. Since I can’t afford to pay so much for food I’ll simply give him half of what I’m eating. And what do you know? I’ll probably be underweight in less than a week. What fun!

3. Redecorate your house every month. With all that running around it’s inevitable not to get casualties.

Curran: “Look! Squirrel!” – there goes my new lamp

Curran: “Look! Ball!”- there goes my new couch

Curran: “AAAAAA! Vacuum!”- there goes my living room

4. Be the most fashionable girl out there. Did you know that Beast Lords have the best sense of fashion? Yes they do! And since they’re such sweethearts they share everything they know with their owners.

I always have a hard time finding what to wear when I go out. I keep staring at my closet and no ideas pop in my mind. Curran just jumps into my room and chooses my clothes. And what do you know? Everyone compliments me, everyone is jealous.

Yes it’s totally because I’m gorgeous and not because of the growling Beast Lord that’s standing behind me.

5. Smile like there’s no tomorrow. The last and best, in my humble opinion, reason of all. Carnage! Since I hate almost everyone around me, I tend to get upset a lot. Why? Simple question. Because most of the people I know are idiots. So here I am doing my thing (aka: plotting world domination) when my dear Beast Lord brings me a gift: a severed head. And what do you know? It belongs to the chick who bought the last Nutella I wanted today at the supermarket!

I get bloody when it comes to my Nutella.

1st read -> 6th Feb 2012 - 10th Feb 2012
2nd read -> 15th Jun 2013 - 17th Jun 2013
3rd read -> 11th - 12th Sep 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bites.

Quotes Anzu Liked

Ilona Andrews
“It's a reflex. Hear a bell, get food. See an undead, throw a knife. Same thing, really.”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites

Ilona Andrews
“Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...”
Ilona Andrews, Magic Bites

02/07/2012
20.0% "Kate is a fascinating character so far. Fingers crossed to liking the book. You girls are killing me!" 34 comments
02/08/2012
30.0% "Kitty?? Lool good one" 2 comments
02/10/2012
100.0% "RCS"
06/12/2013 marked as: next-stop
06/14/2013 marked as: currently-reading
06/14/2013 page 1
0.0% "Oh yes *rubs hands together* it is time for the super awesome KD re-read. Happy motherfucking day!" 6 comments
06/18/2013 page 260
100.0% "<3"
06/18/2013 marked as: read

Aly is so frigging bored if you like i might give it another try...

Anzu The Great Destroyer Omg one star? =))))

Aly is so frigging bored One I couldn't finish... I don't think I got to 50% even :D that Kate bi&*h annoyed me too much

Anzu The Great Destroyer Hmmmm I just might like this book =)))

Anzu The Great Destroyer Because you hate it? :D

Aly is so frigging bored Don't you remember how much I bitched about it on yahoo? :D

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yep :D So I wanna read it :))

Samina ~ Escapism~ The first book is hard to get through but the reward of reading the 3rd and 4th book is worth the pain.This is one of my fav series.

Aly is so frigging bored Yes, that may be but I don't know if I can pick it up again :D

message 11: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Hmmm is it worse than Anita?

Aly is so frigging bored Anita I don't remember... It's just that all the concepts are so weeeird, and she fooked up vampires(she made them weird white mindless things.. ew, just ew)

message 13: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer :D Like zombies? :D:D

Aly is so frigging bored Anzu wrote: ":D Like zombies? :D:D"

More disgusting... Maybe white, spidery, weird head, zombies...

Samina ~ Escapism~ Yup, if you are a vampire girl you might not like it but basically the vampires are like zombie which can be mind controled by someone else.Zombie is an apt description Anzu.If the person controlling them loses it the vampire starts mindlessly killing things.It is a new take on Vampires and Shapeshifters.You ahve to read this though Kate are Curran are amazing.

Aly is so frigging bored I started for Curran but that Kate... If I met her on the street I would cold-cock her :D

message 17: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Uuuuuuu I actually like that :D Sounds like fun :D

Why would you "cold-cock" (wtf) her? :p

Aly is so frigging bored 'Cuz she is an idiot

Samina ~ Escapism~ okay, what's a cold-cock?

Anzu don't listen to Aly's rants you have to read about Kate to decide for yourself.You will like her character.She is kick-ass and does not take shit from losers.If you cross her, their would be consequences.Curran is totally heart stopping.He is an Alpha through and through and this couple is so cute that you would want to read about them again and again.

As I said, read it to find out.First book is hard but the rest is great.

Aly is so frigging bored cold-cock= hit someone in the face :))

Samina ~ Escapism~ Ah, thanks Aly.I had never heard this phrase before.

Aly is so frigging bored Samina ~ Escapism~ wrote: "Ah, thanks Aly.I had never heard this phrase before."

Uhm... An abundance of TV shows :D I don't even remember where I picked it up :)))

message 23: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I searched on theurbandictionary.com :)) They have all the good words there :D

And don't worry I managed through Anita Blake and actually liked a few books. Aly is 100% against her :D So I'll go totally neutral with Kate.

Now I have a very very VERY important question. Is Curran hotter than Barrons? :p

Aly is so frigging bored No, there isn't anyone hotter then Barrons :D If I remember correctly they faced in the Alpha contest thingie and Barrons spanked him so baaaaaaaad

See proof here :D http://vampirebookclub.net/alpha-show...

Samina ~ Escapism~ Well that was a sad day.But Anzu and Aly I am not sure there is anyone who would beat Barrons.So lets not even go there.
Curran is hot in his own way.I would say he is the most Alpha of all the shapeshifters I have read about(not including Barrons here)

Aly is so frigging bored Uhm... Hawke(Nalini Sing's Psy...) is the best, sooorry :D

Samina ~ Escapism~ I hvan't read any other Nalini Singh apart from her Guild hunter series so I wont know.

Jamie NO ONE is hotter than Barrons. Hands down. Although Curran is hot in his own right. I like his alpha attitude.

I haven't read as far as Hawke in Singh's Psy-Changeling series (I've only read book 1), but her books, in general, have lots of hot men.

Aly is so frigging bored Yeees :X I don't think that there is a male Nalini has created that isn't hot :D

message 30: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I was sure he's not hotter but I like to tease you about it :)) I'll try to hurry up my next-stops in order to read #1 :D

P.S. Sick mental image of Barrons spanking Curran =))))

message 31: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija I'm feeling so smug. 8D

message 32: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Loooooooooool Dee you're cute :))

message 33: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija *blushes* And just FYI, this book gave me the strangest urge to march over to my local zoo right that second and stare adoringly at the lion there. You might also have the same urge. ;)

message 34: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer I actually love lions :D

message 35: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija So do I, but I haven't ever had that strong of an urge to go and see them as I did after finishing this book. XD

Aly is so frigging bored I am more of a tiger person... :D Lions are too flashy :))

Jamie And to think - I consider this book the weakest of the series. In my opinion, the books just keep getting better as the series moves along.

message 38: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija This book is the weakest, Jamie, but it's still far better than a lot of the UFs out there. :D

Jamie Agreed. I'm a huge fan of Kate!

Samina ~ Escapism~ I love Kate too.She is one of my fav Uf heroine.
I love big cats.Inculding tigers, lions, jaguars etc.Surprisingly, I am not into housecats.

Aly, even if you like tigers I don't think you will be dissappointed.

Aly is so frigging bored I was :))) already :D

Samina ~ Escapism~ Ahh...belive me there are tigers and jaguars and wolfs in KAte's world.I am sorry that you were dissappointed Aly but you should give it another shot as this was the weakest book in the lot.

Aly is so frigging bored I might if Anzu likes it after she reads it :D

message 44: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Ok then I will wear my judge outfit and...judge...!

Aly is so frigging bored Anzu wrote: "Ok then I will wear my judge outfit and...judge...!"

Good luck :))

PS: added updates so go look :D

message 46: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Where? :-O (stupid omg face)

Aly is so frigging bored Anzu wrote: "Where? :-O (stupid omg face)"

Oh come on :)) on the book ma'am :D

message 48: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Ah yeah! :)))

Samina ~ Escapism~ Now I am afraid the you will hate it and I would be gutted.

message 50: by Anzu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anzu The Great Destroyer Whyyy?

« previous 1 3