Abbie's Reviews > A Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills

A Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills by Kim O'Brien

May 03, 12

bookshelves: 2011, christian-contemporary-fiction, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed, barbour-books
Read from October 20 to 22, 2011

Millie is in her 30’s and working with her mother in the family café. As she serves her customers she dreams of being on reality TV. Her mom want to see her married and keeps setting her up on dates. Millie never dates long and is know for her trail of broken hearted ex-boyfriends. David lost his wife a few years back and has no plans to marry any time soon but his mother has other plans and has a stalker like woman on his trail. Millie and David go on a date set up by her mom and soon realize they can help each other by pretending to be dating. Will these two find a reprise from there pushy families or will they find true love when they least expect it?

I really liked this book. It was a sweet read with a lot of good laughs along the way. I really like how well developed Millie and David’s characters where as well as Millie’s family and friends. David’s mom came across as almost an enemy at first and then by the end she was not but that part of the story was kind of weak I thought. This is not a new story line so some may find it completely predictable. Even though I kind of knew what was going to happen I liked the story so much I did not want to leave this fun group of people.

If you like feel good romance you will like this book. I have not read this author before but I plan to read more of her. This story also touched on the subject of kids being bullies. David’s son is dealing with this and David works to help his son. I found this interesting and thought it was well written. This is a perfect book to curl up with on a cold winter night!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills.

10/21/2011