Itsjustme-wendy's Reviews > Spring for Susannah

Spring for Susannah by Catherine Richmond

Jun 07, 11

Read from May 28 to 31, 2011

I absolutely loved this book! It might have gotten a teensy bit slow right in the middle but that is the only negative. This is a Christian/ Historical fiction/ Romance. Great story line, sweet, interesting, great characters. This book had everything. I had a hard time putting this book down. When I got back from grocery shopping I couldn't wait to start reading again. Then towards the end I took it to bed with me (something I almost never do) and just read till I finished it. Then I was sad it was over!

This is my favorite kind of book to read. I love books that take place in the 1800's and are set in the western frontier. I also love stories about Mail-order brides (I haven't read too many).

Catherine Richmond did an excellent job with this book. I really felt like I was right there. Susannah was absolutely delightful. I couldn't get enough of her. And - Jesse, her new husband, what a sweetie! He just loves her as she is, and never gives up trying to win her over.

Life in the west was not easy in the 1800's and this book showcases that perfectly.

What a debut novel! Three cheers for Catherine Richmond! I only have one thing to say to her - Please write more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spring for Susannah.