Jadaloves's Reviews > Better Read Than Dead

Better Read Than Dead by Victoria Laurie

May 28, 11

Read in January, 2011

This was a fantastic book. I enjoyed it from start to finish. First and foremost I love Abby Cooper. She is such a strong character, beautifully written by Laurie. She has a distinct personality and a very interesting psychic gift. She is a strong, no-nonsense type of gal, and dare I say Abby don’t take no shit. She’s a fighter with an inherent will to survive and compassion and steel to see justice dispensed.She’s a very unique character with enough quirks and flaws to make her interesting.

I also really like Dutch Rivers and Milo Johnson as well. Although Dutch still remains a bit of a mystery to me, I think that’s what draws me to his character. And Milo is just the nicest guy with the biggest heart. I love how he steps in to look after Abby when Dutch has to leave.

While reading this book I felt as if I was walking in Abby’s shoes. Emotionally I went through everything she did and experienced everything she went through. I was taken on a rollercoaster ride, feeling everything she did from panic to sheer exhaustion! Laurie really draws you into the story and gets you invested in lives of these characters.

The story itself was woven together intricately so that every little detail ended up mattering and coming into play within the novel. Even down to a broken attic window. Everything had a purpose and was not just arbitrarily thrown into the story. I loved that! The actual mystery was beyond intriguing and all parts of the story tied together nicely for a bang-a-rang conclusion! LOVE LOVE LOVED it! Go get it!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Read Than Dead.