Shawna's Reviews > Hearts in Darkness

Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye

Aug 19, 14

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, format-ebook, tattoos-piercings-body-art, im-a-cover-hottie-ho, quick-read-romance, anthologies-novellas-shorts, 2011-reads, 5-stars, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, firefighter-paramedic-emt, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-beta, hero-brooding, hero-gentleman, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-i-wanna-marry, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, heroine-girl-next-door, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, heroine-plain-jane-uglyducklingswan, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, i-read-own-faves-keepers, i-read-kindle, kindle, steam-3-hot, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-beholder, heroine-redhead, hero-tattalizing, author-laura-kaye, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, hh-phobia-disorder, heartwarming, hero-piercings-in-yummy-places, favorites, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic
Recommended for: Fans of sexy, sweet tattooed heroes & heartfelt stories
Read from May 27 to 28, 2011

5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Novella

Wow! What a hot, fun, charming surprise this was!

Two strangers...a tattooed, pierced, skull trimmed, scarred hero who’s all rugged bad boy on the outside (think Zsadist look alike) and sweet, considerate, vulnerable teddy bear gentleman on the inside and a smart, funny, understanding, and genuine and explore a deep connection and explosive sexual attraction while stuck together in an elevator. The pitch-black darkness hides their physical imperfections and insecurities, which allows them to express themselves emotionally and achieve true intimacy without fear of rejection. But will their sizzling chemistry and soulful closeness remain once they’re back in the light?

Caden and Makenna are delightful characters, and the author does a wonderful job, despite the shorter length, depicting a convincing attachment between them. It’s a great story that I really enjoyed, especially yummy, sweet Caden! 5 stars!

And the studtastic cover hunk is a perfect match for Caden! *fans self*

55 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts in Darkness.

Vicki Great review! With how much you and Melissa love this book, I'm going to have to get it...and quick! :)

MelissaB Wonderful review Shawna! Love the cover, it even shows his dragon and tribal tattoo. Yum!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thank you for the recommendation, Shawn! $2 on fictionwise with the 052711 code! I couldn't pass it up!

Auntee I think you convinced me...:)

MelissaB I have it available to loan on Kindle if someone wants it, just PM me.

Shawna Thanks, Vicki! It was such a nice surprise!

Thanks, Melissa! It was recommended to me on Amazon, and then I saw you'd given it 4 stars, so I couldn't pass it up. I love sweet, tattooed hotties! Oh yeah...the cover is definitely YUM!

YW, Dhes! Wow...that's cheaper than I paid for it on Amazon. It's definitely worth $2!

Auntee, I think you'll enjoy it. I was really impressed with how believable the connection between the H/H is portrayed.

message 7: by Ragus (last edited Jun 06, 2011 12:01PM) (new) - added it

Ragus I ran across this one today and liked the cover, of course , and the storyline, and thought ... let me see what my GR friends have to say. BINGO my friends have read it already!!! Boy are we on the same wave length or what! Great review Shawna!! Thank you MelissaB for your 4 big stars. I'm adding this one! :D

Shawna I hope you enjoy it, Ragus! The hero is such a sweetie!

Yvonne This looks great! You had me at the tattooed cover model. :)

Shawna It was great, Yvonne. I loved the hero and wanted to hug him tight!

message 11: by MJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

MJ I loved him!, I'd comfort him anytime ;)

Shawna Me too, MJ! LOL!

Yvonne Thanks for the super review...I read this last night and LOVED it! As always, you were right!! :)

Shawna YW, Yvonne! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ann-Kristin Agree on the Zsadist reference! <3