Bex's Reviews > Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter

May 27, 2011

bookshelves: own
Read in May, 2011

The third book in the Gallagher Girls series finds Cammie Morgan involved in a presidential campaign when her schoolmate Macey's father is running for vice president. When Cammie and Macey escape a kidnapping attempt, Cammie and the rest of the Gallagher Girls must protect Macey from those wishing to attack her. Old secrets are revealed, and the Cammie realizes Macey was not the intended target of the kidnapping...she was.

My thoughts: I bought book four in this series, and I decided to reread book three before starting book four. I LOVE this series. The book's plot moves along swiftly with several twists, turns, and surprises. Ally Carter plans her novels out carefully, and the end product reflects that thought as characters are fully developed, the plot twists aren't contrived or expected, and the events are realistic (as realistic as having teens perform spy missions can be). There's also a little bit of age-appropriate romance involved. (I can't wait to see what happens next with Zach!)

As I've said about every Ally Carter book, I respect how she treats the young adult character. The girls are strong and intelligent. I'm tired of books that show teen girls as superficial and concerned only with materials things. Although the Gallagher Girls are fictional, they are good role models for young girls who have big dreams--work hard and work together.
I recommend this series to all teens and preteens. I let my sister borrow the series, and she's hooked too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover.