Felicia's Reviews > Spectyr

Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine

May 27, 2011

bookshelves: vaginal-fantasy, fantasy
Read in July, 2011

I really enjoy this author's work! She's pretty much on my must-buy list for well-done, light fantasy with a bit of romance that's not too smutty (like Ilona Andrews) I think this series took a step up in world-building with this second episode, I was definitely interested in all the new stuff we learned through Merrick in particular. I loved seeing Sorcha and Raed's conflict, I just love them together! Only criticism is that it felt short, I feel like I wanted more plot to happen with the Grand Duchess, and the end twist? But really, it was fun and I can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spectyr.

04/02/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome Smutty? *takes notes*

message 2: by Jerry (new)

Jerry So what is vaginal-fantasy?

James It seemed the end was awfully rushed for how much time and energy she set up establishing the motives of the main characters. The twist? Yes, it was a bit, but everything was over in 15 pages! She didn't even give us resolution. It felt like she ran out of time to me. The book would have gotten an extra star if not for that.

Still, I'll keep reading. I love the characters.

message 4: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan I picked it up in a bookshop and was alarmed how short it was. I suppose the good thing is that there will be another one.

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Castaldo I agree with Jerry, what is vaginal-fantasy?

message 6: by Crystie (new) - added it

Crystie If you are comparing this author to Ilona Andrews then I must read it!

message 7: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome Gary wrote: "I agree with Jerry, what is vaginal-fantasy?"

It's on Cinemax all the time.

message 8: by Crystie (new) - added it

Crystie I'm gonna guess that a vaginal-fantasy involves a strong female character as the lead. Regular fantasy books involve men characters who are often trying to save a damsel in distress. Vaginal-fantasy books have female characters who can save themselves, or maybe even the male lead. Girl power!