Collin Shea's Reviews > The Violets of March

The Violets of March by Sarah Jio

May 27, 2011

bookshelves: giveaways-read
Read from May 27 to 28, 2011

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve read an entire book in one day, but this book had me hooked from page one. Maybe because I was just in the right mood and most definitely because there were aspects to which I could relate (divorce, the healing magnetism of the beach and the ocean, the complexity of relationships between women, the tragedy of love) or to which I wish I could relate. I just found this to be a wonderful story.

I am becoming a bit weary of the basic theme, which seems to be so popular as of late, of a story within a story and of someone of a younger generation stumbling upon family “secrets” of the older generation. That being said, while I found the secrets in this story to be sometimes predictable, that didn’t lessen the magic for me. This is definitely a chick book, and one that some may find borders on Lifetime movie-esque at times, but sometimes on a lazy day off there’s nothing more relaxing than a good Lifetime movie, except, of course, for a good book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Violets of March.