Silvana [The Book Voyagers]'s Reviews > Paranormalcy

Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: my-ebooks
Read from June 30 to July 04, 2011

4/5

Evie, a girl who can see through glamorous. She works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, who is encharged to help the paranormals who are trouble. Evie thought that was the right thing to do. Until she met Lend. Add a problem to her life. Falling in love with a shape-shifter, her lunatic faerie ex-boyfriend wants her AND she has to deal with the mysterious deaths of the paranormals.
She only wanted to be normal. It appears "normal" is not in Evie's vocabulary.
The story shows you a faerie prophecy. About her. And millions of deaths.

I loved it!! The characters were all so great and the situations too! I cannot wait for Supernaturally! I didn't want to put it down even if it was 3 a.m. It was funny and I really liked it. I'm really glad I picked this book. Evie doesn't come out of IPCA's Center, so it's cool how she gets excited by simple stuff. Her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend a faerie and she's falling for a shape-shifter. Totally normal.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

Quotes Silvana [The Book Voyagers] Liked

“Lend.”
“Lend?” Raquel asked.
“Yes, as in, lend me your self.” He shimmered into Raquel again.
“Why not Borrow?” I asked. “Better yet, Steal?”

Kiersten White
“Tasers are a one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine’s pink with
rhinestones.”

Kiersten White
“What a lovely balance. Lend shows whatever he wants the world to see and you see through whatever the world wants to show you.”

Kiersten White
“Apparently being a mermaid is dead dull. I watched The Little Mermaid with her once a few years ago—she thought it was freaking hilarious. She couldn’t stop laughing about the shell-bra thing, given that mermaids aren’t mammals. Plus, as she put it, Prince Eric was far too hairy and “peach colored” for her taste. I always thought he was pretty hot, but then again, I am a mammal.”

07/02/2011 page 51