Susan (susayq ~)'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Jul 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: hot-factor, contemporary-romance, 1st-in-series, originally-fanfic-authors, ebooks, 2011books
Read from July 23 to 27, 2011

I've read this before when it was posted online for free. And let me just say I'm glad I did because if I had bought this book, not knowing anything, I would have been totally ticked off with the way it ended.

Ana Steele got on my nerves throughout the story. I questioned myself, as well as my 2 BFFs, about whether or not I felt this way about the heroine while it was fic. Did I dislike her this much reading MoTU or did I overlook it cause it was Bella? Just so you know, they both told me I complained about her as Bella ;)

Will I buy the next installment? I honestly don't know. Like I said, I know where this is going and not much changed from the original I've already read. In retrospect I think it should be 2.5 stars.
4 likes · flag

07/24/2011
07/24/2011
21.0% "And the NDA has been signed and she just stepped into the RRoP :)"
07/25/2011
42.0% "I melt every time he says "Laters, baby.""
07/25/2011
55.0% "I wonder if Mr. Fifty Shades has called the others "baby" Or if he even realizes he's doing it?"
show 1 hidden update…

Denise Yummy, Fifty! *swoon* LOL Enjoy!!!

Eileen I so want to read this book, but I don't know where to buy it.

Susan (susayq ~) I think you can buy it at Amazon. I know you can buy it at thewriterscoffeeshop.com/publishinghouse

Shawn I agree with you completely. When I read it on ff I was annoyed most of the time. You'll have to let me know if you read the 2nd part and if it's any better.

Kristen I was curious what your review would be reading the book compared to the fanfic and I am pretty sure I would feel the same way as you about the characters. What's acceptable as free entertainment isn't acceptable when money is involved. Simple as that. I liked the fic, although by the end the plot was full of holes, but I won't spend money on it. I know I'd feel the same way as you. No worries if you decide not to buy the second book. You already know what will happen;)

message 6: by Maddux (new)

Maddux I never finished it when it was a fic.

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I didn't like the writing style as a fan fiction, so I'm probably not going to like the writing style as an "original" novel, either. Very hesitant to purchase this, and based on the so-so reviews, I will probably pass over it. I read some of the excerpts, and they got on my nerves, so that's a good sign. An ellipsis is not punctuation . . . or should be used sparingly in my honest opinion. ;) It was a good fanfic, but not great.

Susan (susayq ~) Rachel, if you didn't like it as fan fiction, you won't like it as "original" since it changed VERY little.