Sara's Reviews > Curing Chronic Fibromyalgia: Choosing What Works

Curing Chronic Fibromyalgia by Valerie Lumley

May 31, 11

bookshelves: fibromyalgia
Read from May 27 to 31, 2011

The first part of this book, the first 20% or so, was AMAZING, and not just for people with fibro. It was a good, self-esteem boosting encouraging talk about boundaries, healthy relationships etc. 5 stars for the beginning.

The one thing this e-book desperately needs is an Editor. Much of it is rambling, repetitive, misspelled, and detracts from the message. There is so much important stuff in this book, but it could, and should, be diluted. She gets so heavy into the science, that anyone with fibrofog (cough, ahem) couldn't possibly follow it at any real level.

Ms. Lumley says that her fibro was caused by an Atlas sublugation (where the skull connects to the spine). It's an intriguing idea, and one that I think has a lot of merit. With regular adjustments, the right meds and homeopathy, she's essentially symptom free. It's definitely something I'm going to ask my chiropractor about.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curing Chronic Fibromyalgia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Lumley Thank you for your honesty, and my next edition will soon have all the typos corrected. The book is not only for FMS patients. It is also for their families, friends, and professional health care providers, hence the science and resultant endorsements from Oregon Health & Science University's Fibromyalgia Information Foundation, the International Chiropractic Association, The National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association, and other credible organizations. Also, the Amazon review and former scientist gave it 5 stars across the board, siting it as the best book out there on the subject. I hope readers will take this into consideration.