Ibjoy1953's Reviews > Kaydie

U_50x66
May 27, 11

Read in April, 2011

MY REVIEW

Kaydie Kraemer is now living with her sister and brother-in-law, McKenzie and Zach Sawyer, on a ranch out in the Wild West. Her abusive husband is now dead, because of a bank robbery gone bad. She doesn’t have to worry about him hurting her or their unborn child ever again. She no longer lives in fear of someone hurting her or her unborn child. And she no longer will go hungry like she did so many times before.

Jonah Dickenson works as a ranch hand for Zach Sawyer, who he sees as an older brother. Jonah knows he could never be a husband and father because he was deserted by his mom at a young age; and his father despised him. No way could he chance doing the same thing to a wife or a child.

As Kaydie and Jonah started spending time together, mostly Jonah watching out for her, they started having feelings for each other. But neither of them was ready for a relationship. Kaydie could no longer trust a man, and Jonah had no idea how to take care of a wife and baby. As this story continues to unfold, will Jonah have the nerve to tell Kaydee his feelings for her? And will Kaydie keep her feelings from Jonah to herself? And there is Kaydie’s mother to deal with. Will Jonah be good enough to marry into the Worthington family?

This is a heartwarming story from the author Penny Zeller. Throughout the story you will have joy and laughter, sadness and crying as you experience the lives of these two characters. You will also meet other interesting characters living in their small town as well.

I love how the author chose the personality of each character. They made the story enjoyable and fun to read. And even though it is a historical fiction, the characters feel like people in our everyday lives today.
This is my first book by Penny Zeller, and I can’t wait for the next one. But first I will buy McKenzie because I want to read about the beginning of the story!

The thing I loved most about the book was the scripture used throughout. It is one of my favorites; Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” Kaydie and Jonah trusted the Lord to lead their lives they way He wanted. I really like the strong spiritual content of the book.

I rec’d a complimentary copy of the book from the author. Thank you so much Penny! The opinions are mine alone. I was not ask to write a positive review of this book.

Purchase at CBD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kaydie.