Jamie's Reviews > Destruction from Twins

Destruction from Twins by L. Carroll

I received this as a review copy from the author. This did not in any way affect my review.

Lor Mandela is a captivating story that I didn't want to stop reading. I was drawn in from just reading the summary and then when I started reading the book, wow. Let me tell you this is such a wild ride from beginning to end.

It starts off with the Lor Mandela world where the Vritesse is attempting to solve the riddle and figure out who the "child of balance" is. Lor Mandela is dying and destruction and war is everywhere. The child of balance must solve the riddle called the Advantiere to save the planet.

Then there is Maggie who lives in Glenhill, Iowa with her father Nathan. It's a small town which she thinks is so boring and wishes that something exciting would happen. Well she gets her wish when strange things start happening. Maggie starts hearing this whoosh sound and then she feels a tug and disappears from earth only to reappear on Lor Mandela. Everyone she meets there believes that she is Audril Borloc, daughter of the ruling family on Lor Mandela. Maggie thinks they are all crazy and she is desperately trying to figure out what is going on. Eventually Maggie, her father and her best friend all end up on Lor Mandlea together and that is when everything that has been building up comes together.

The author does a fantastic job of world building. I loved being pulled into the world of Lor Mandela with Maggie. The characters developed throughout the book. When you find out who everyone actually is....I was surprised. I enjoyed reading it and was shocked by the last sentence. Great setup for the sequel that I hope is soon to come. I am recommending this to everyone who reads this genre. It has romance,action, adventure and so many twists and turns all rolled into one. What a great book this was!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destruction from Twins.